monchair - Monochord Singing Chair
monchair effectively supports your therapeutical work with joy and delight.
Easy to play and everyone can use it intuitively without any prior musical experience. Approaching the chair with a gentle and supportive attitude can bring joy and healing to your client. The singing chair monchair will captivate you with its elegant appearance and design. It is the perfect fit for a variety of locations, such as: modern offices, clinics, therapeutic facilities, private practices, wellness center and in your very own home.
You can choose between 2 tunings for the 40 strings:
· Monochord tuning - 18 overtone strings d and 22 bass strings D
· Tambura tuning – sets of 4 strings A d d D repeated 10 time
· fully assembled: 27,6” x 26” x 50”
· package size : 52,4” x 25 x 8
· weight : 59 pounds (27 kg)
· weight capacity 330 lbs
· stable design, to avoid over-stimulation of the equilibrium through combining the effects of the vibration of sound with the movement of the chair (rocking, swinging)
· ergonomically designed seat
· interchangeable, firmly mounted seat covers
· high adjustable neck rest
· all surfaces are treated with organic oils
· German designed and manufactured.
· easy to assemble
· small transport volume
This is what some of our customers have to say about our Monochord Chair
The feeltone Monchord Singing Chair has served as an important instrument to the patients we serve at The Louis Armstrong Center for Music and Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center.
There are numerous patients who have benefited from the breath glissando release sounds I use accompanied by the string glissando-from low to high and then absorption…where the strings resonate and saturate through the warm wood into the body. In a general way, this warm up takes only about five minutes and creates “flow” and a sense of “homeostasis” or “self integration” or “synchrony between the body-mind-spirit” as one of my pianist musician players often says.
There are two patients who have particularly benefited from the vibration .. please go to our blog to read more about the study
Joanne Loewy DA, LCAT, MT-BC